Blindcopy

August 7, 2010

Reality.

Filed under: Uncategorized — blindcopy @ 10:48 am

Spending 98% of your life in the house, the office, shopping malls and the car makes you wonder how real the place you live in really is. (You wonder about the other 2%? That is when you walk to or from your car.) Thinking about that, two (or rather three) artists came to my mind. The first is Gerhard Richter, who I admire, adore and love. The other is an artist team, Tim Noble and Sue Webster, whose art is only a shadow – made from trash.

Photo? Painting? Painting based on a photo. The result: a totally different reality. (By Gerhard Richter.)

Trash? No. Art! By Tim Noble and Sue Webster.)

Advertisements

3 Comments »

  1. Oh, the second picture reminds me of Egon Schiele’s sketches for some reason. 😉

    Comment by Deneuve — August 7, 2010 @ 10:55 am

  2. Love the ‘rubbish’ shadow sculptures, very clever
    and I agree with Deneuve, there is a Schiele feel about the paintings. xx

    Comment by Curiouser and Curiouser — August 7, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

  3. the “rubbish” stuff…uff, amazing!

    Comment by michiko — August 8, 2010 @ 12:43 am


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: